Monday, March 18, 2024

SAHRR 2024 finished

 When I chose the orphan block I had doubts on what could be done with it.  I found out as I went along that it was pretty fun to keep adding to it and I am pleased with the outcome.  I tried to keep it in the garden theme and keep the trellis appearance as it progressed.  Each addition kept surprising me.  Like, hey, that looks pretty good.  Now I am glad I chose that block for the center.  

Thank you to Quilting Gail for organizing this round robin and to the other quilters who helped with the designs.  







And this is the back.  

13 comments:

  1. Your garden themed quilt looks fantastic!!! And I love the Asian characters with English meaning beside them!! Perfect for the 6th prompt. Thank you for participating in SAHRR 2024 and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, and the back, too. I really like how the characters and English translations stand out. They add another layer of meaning. I’ve enjoyed watching your quilt grow from week to week. Isn’t it wonderful to end up with a whole quilt at the end of such a short time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad you like it. Yes, it is fun to accomplish something in a short time.

      Delete
  3. It's amazing what a good theme can do to unify a piece of art. Your quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your SAHRR turned out beautifully! I love the colors and the design that flows through it. And you found a fun way to use the 6th border prompt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever use of the letters and numbers border! Your finished quilt looks fantastic! Thanks for sewing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I did enjoy sewing along with you.

      Delete
  6. Your finish is fantastic, Betty! I love the garden theme and the trellis that kept building!! Thanks for quilting along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great centre block. This has turned out beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete