Saturday, February 6, 2021

Flying Geese social distancing.

 SAHRR flying geese is Round 3.      My geese are stack and slash improv style.  I stacked 4 to 6 pieces of fabric, cut them, and then rearranged the pieces.   I made the rows in different sizes.  Just going with the flow as I went along.  


At first I drew a bit of paper piecing pattern as was suggested by Anja but I wasn't sure I wanted to take a chance on using these scraps for the paper piecing since I am limited on them.  So I will use some other scraps to practice that on.  
Instead I stacked up some rectangles and cut them and arranged them.  

Then I had to sort of trim them up and make them fit.  A few came up a bit short so I added onto them, with contrast fabric.  Decided to use some extra pieces of fabric between them so I didn't have to make so many.  lol.  Also, I  considered putting a row of geese on one side going down instead of up.  Didn't want to spend time deciding so I just did it like this and said what does it really matter?  Get this thing done.  Have fun.  Don't stress.  



Here is my attempt to draw paper pieced geese.  I'll try sewing it one of these days.  




5 comments:

  1. OMG!! I am in LOVE with your SAHRR!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - your project is so lively and cute!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great...so bright and vibrant. I like the template you drew. I hope you give it a try someday. I liked trying something new. Thanks for sewing along with us.

    ReplyDelete