Thursday, January 28, 2021

Scrappy Stripes quilt for Persimon Dreams July challenge

 For several years I have been wanting to use stripe fabrics in a quilt so the scrappy challenge for July at Persimon Dreams quilts got me motivated to dig out the stripes.  I had saved an idea for stripes that I saw on a blog probably 16 years ago.  I had only printed 2 pages in order to not use up much printer ink.  Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of the blog, and neither page has any names on them.   Otherwise, I would be happy to give that information.  They used 6-inch squares.  I started out making blocks using 4 squares in each block that are 3.5", each square so that I could use up some of the smaller pieces of fabric.  Then I used 6" squares for the rest of the blocks.  I put the smaller blocks in two rows and put a striped strip between those and the six-inch blocks because the seams weren't lining up.  The strips made for a more pleasing transition between the block sizes.  Here is the final outcome.  

Front of quilt and the back.  
The quilt is 58"x68"




Started out with these:

First some linear quilting.  And then some cross hatch lines. 

Here are a few more progress pictures. ...




2 comments:

  1. That is very impressive. I didn't even notice the smaller blocks until you said something. You really did a good job on that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You know we scrappy addicts need to use those smaller pieces when we can!

      Delete