Thursday, January 28, 2021

Finally finished this UFO (Bright Sky from Blossom Hearts Quilt blog)

EDIT:   today I was looking for something in my files and discovered that this quilt pattern is called Bright Sky and was made by Blossom Hearts Quilts in 2014.   So it was longer ago than I was remembering.  

Two or three years ago I participated in this qal from someone's blog.  When I figure out who's it is I will edit this post and give them credit for the pattern.  I liked it because the quilt is one big block.  But then I put it aside.  Lately I have been trying to finish things instead of starting more.  (famous last words)  But a relative spotted this top and really loved it so I wanted to get it quilted and give it to her.  She even helped me get it sandwiched.  Even though she is only 9 years old.  Extra hands are really helpful with that part of making a quilt.  Sandwiching is my least favorite part of it.  

 I used a light coat of spray glue on the backing and then secured it all with safety pins.  Quilted it with some modern theme lines.  The 9-year-old chose the backing.  





2 comments:

  1. I love everything you do! LOL Thanks for putting a little history with this one and all the good pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hopefully I will be more prompt about blogging this year and include more credit to bloggers who so generously offer the free patterns and tutorials.

      Delete