Thursday, January 25, 2024

round 1

 As I was digging through the scrap bin and comparing some fabrics to my block and deciding what to do about the signature blocks I came across some orphan block extras that were given to me in a bag of that persons' leftovers.   There wasn't  enough to make it all the way around my center block so I cut squares for two of the corners.  When I decided that they would be round one (for sure)  I did my best to "make" them fit.  I feel good about giving them a home.  lol.  I have a piece of the floral fabric that I will consider putting into a future round of this project.  

They aren't exactly signature blocks but I'm using my imagination!




11 comments:

  1. They definitely make the same zigzag as the signature blocks. Your quilt, your SAHRR rules. And yay for using someone else’s leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic that you could use those orphans for Border 1, and they work great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those orphan blocks look great. They definitely could be used as signature blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just getting to check out all last weeks entries and chuckling - I think you will understand why when you see my week 2. Love this and you get to tell the story how it works..no judgement from the hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete