Monday, March 29, 2021

SAHRR finished




 I did the quilting with my walking foot and it is all a combination of stitch in the ditch and edge stitching.  I used a lavender thread.  The backing is a piece of fabric that has been in my stash.  The colors match up pretty well.  Had to add a piece to the edge of it to make it large enough.  I haven't put the quilt through the wash yet.   

I appreciated this quilt along.  I was wanting to do something with this bag of scraps that included the center (squares were sewn together).  So the SAHRR gave me the inspiration and patterns to get started and keep going.  

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful job!!! Your quilt is lovely and bright!!! Well done!
    Thank you for linking up to the SAHRR Parade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment and for hosting the SAHRR.

      Delete
  2. LOVE the riot of color that your SAHRR turned out to be!! Congrats on putting that bag of scraps to work and having it turn out SEW well. It was such a fun project, wasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, it was a very fun project.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful and colorful - what more could one ask? And the backing! That's to die for. Kaffe Fassett?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I'm really enjoying the colors. I don't know what brand the backing fabric is. I got it at a thrift store and the selvedge edge had been removed.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful quilt. Great fabric/color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your quilt turned out. It looks like it was meant to be

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love a fun background or sashing color (in spite of my inclination to always go with typical white or cream). What a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete