Monday, October 22, 2018

October block 2 for Starry Bright Sky

When I saw the block that June made it inspired me to try something.  She showed how she used freezer paper to trace her lines for the stars.   So I did that and when I was done with the embroidery I used the freezer paper to cut out some fabric stars and applique them a bit cattywampus over the embroidery.  Raw edge applique.  I'm not too happy with the second star covering the embroidery lines a little too much.  Maybe its an eclipse??  (wink)

3 comments:

  1. Terrific! The extra step of adding the appliqued stars really makes the block shine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for inspiring me. I will add your blog link to my blog if my granddaughter will show me how.

      Delete
  2. So creative!! Very cool technique and the final block is amazing!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete